The Federation negotiates on all aspects of pay, allowances, hours of duty and pension matters.
The Federation is at the forefront of promoting equality issues nationally and within Force and can advise on issues relating to all forms of discrimination and Fairness at Work issues.
We can provide free legal advice and representation for subscribing members on many issues including criminal, discipline, traffic and personal injury. We can also provide legal advice and representation for unlawful discrimination and pension appeals.
This list is not exhaustive but, on behalf of subscribing members, we:
- Provide free legal advice and assistance for Federated members facing criminal proceedings for any offence, when on duty
- Negotiate nationally on police pay and conditions
- Provide welfare advice and help with personal issues
- Offer legal assistance to members charged with an offence when driving on duty
- Provide advice and representation at disciplinary hearings
- Help with civil claims and Industrial Injury claims
- Help update police equipment and uniform
- Give cover for personal public liability
- Assist with Grievance Procedures
- Offer advice to anyone suffering sexual, racial or other discriminatory harassment
- Maintain professional reputations during defamation proceedings to clear officers' names
- Provide representation at Employment Tribunals
- Give access to financial advice and debt counselling
- Give access to pensions advice, and
- Seek to improve training